Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chris Strople in da house!?!

So when I moved to Cali in 1978 I came across Del Mar Skate Ranch and started riding there. There were all these older rippers there. A couple dudes I remembered were Tom Inouye and Chris Strople. They both rode Caster decks. They were these awesome thin composite decks. So I bought them and rode them. Fast forward 25 years. When Charlie and I did our transaction with Watson Lamintes in 2005 I did not really know of the full history going on here. Watson made Caster boards. Probably the very boards I rode when I started skating. Crazy. Lo and behold Chris Strople shows up at WLHQ in San Diego a few ago and I got to get a shot with him here with a vintage Caster deck made here.

Second photo is Damon, Jim, Brad Strandler, Strople and Biker. Party!


No comments:

Post a Comment